May 24, 2009

HIV Research News

sciencedaily

New Contraceptive Device Is Designed To Prevent Sexual Transmission Of HIV

Researchers from Weill Cornell Medical College have published results showing that a new contraceptive device may also effectively block the transmission of the HIV virus. Findings show that the device prevents infection by the HIV virus in laboratory testing. The promising results are published in the most recent issue of the journal AIDS.


adelaidenow

Adelaide HIV carrier 'had sex with two children'

AN HIV-positive Adelaide man is being held in custody after he was yesterday charged with having sex with two children over a period of several years.


natap

Sustained release of microbicides by newly engineered vaginal rings - TMC120/tenofovir/AZT

Five combinations of microbicides were tested: TMC120 and PMPA (5 mg each), TMC120 (5 mg), and Boc-LBA (5 mg) alone were incorporated into Acacia gum rings; TMC120 and PMPA (10 mg each) and ZDV alone (10 mg) were incorporated into HEMA rings.


Interaction of Ginkgo biloba with efavirenz

Ginkgo biloba is one of the most widely used herbal drugs in the world. It is commonly used because of its assumed beneficial effects on concentration, memory, dementia and depressive disorders. Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE) is made of Ginkgo leaves and is usually standardized to contain 24% flavonoids (quercetin, kaempferol and isorhamnetin), 6% terpenoids (ginkgolides A, B, C, J, M and bilobalide) and not more than 5 ppm organic acids (ginkolic acids and alkylphenols)

Here, we report virological failure in a 47-year-old HIV-infected patient who received antiretroviral therapy for 10 years. He had always been very drug-compliant, never missing a single dose. He was using EFV for 2 years in combination with emtricitabine (FTC) and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF). At the end of 2007, a virological failure developed, and a K103N and M184V mutation in the reverse transcriptase gene was demonstrated. After directed questioning, the patient appeared to be using Ginkgo biloba for some months. No other comedication was used or discontinued in this timeframe. To explain the virological failure, plasma EFV concentration measurements were conducted on several plasma samples dating back 2 years. Concentrations of EFV decreased over time, coinciding with a n increase in viral load (Table 1). From March 2008, the patient was successfully switched to alternative antiretroviral therapy.


hivandhepatitis

How Effective Are Boosted Dual Protease Inhibitor Regimens with No Additional Drugs in Treatment-naive HIV Patients?

In the current study, published in the May 6, 2009 advance online issue of the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, researchers evaluated the efficacy and tolerability of a ritonavir-boosted dual protease inhibitor regimen, without any additional antiretroviral drugs, in treatment-naive patients.


GlaxoSmithKline Meta-analysis Does Not Show Elevated Cardiovascular Risk Associated with Use of Abacavir (Ziagen, Epzicom)

An analysis of more than 50 clinical trials conducted by abacavir manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) did not find an increase in heart attacks or other cardiovascular events.


First-line Therapy with Zidovudine/lamivudine plus Lopinavir/ritonavir Leads to Greater Bone Loss than Nevirapine plus Lopinavir/ritonavir

Bone loss (osteopenia and the more severe osteoporosis) can be a major problem for HIV patients using combination antiretroviral therapy (ART), but its causes are not fully understood. In the current study, published in the May 6, 2009 online edition of AIDS, researchers evaluated changes in bone mineral density (BMD) and bone turnover after initiation of combination ART, in particular the contribution of zidovudine/lamivudine (AZT/3TC; Combivir fixed-dose combination pill).


HIV Positive Men with Prostate Cancer Have Similar Short-term Outcomes and Respond as Well to Radiation Therapy as HIV Negative Men

It remains unclear whether prostate cancer is more common in HIV positive men compared with their HIV negative counterparts, but it appears that HIV infection does not accelerate cancer progression or compromise the effectiveness of treatment, according to 2 recent journal reports.




HHS to Award $1.79 Billion to Help People Living with HIV/AIDS

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) today announced the release of $1.79 billion to ensure that people living with HIV/AIDS continue to have access to life-saving health care and medications. The grants are funded through the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, which helps more than 529,000 individuals every year obtain the care and services they need to live longer, healthier lives.

5 comments:

  1. Hello everyone here in this forum i am so glad that i have this great opportunity to come out here and share my testimony on how Dr Molemen was able to cure me totally from Hiv disease, i have been suffering from this Disease for approximately 4 Years now, i have tried various ways to get rid of this Virus out of my body, i have also purchase for Medical treatment from my doctor but they all failed, sometime back now while i was browsing the Internet i found some good quote concerning Dr Molemen Herbal Medicine, and how he has been using it to save souls from Different Disease including Cancer, someone also said she was been cured of Hiv from his medicine, and they gave out his contact details in case anyone needs his help, i decided to contact Dr Molemen and i told him about my Hiv illness he told me not to worry that he was going to send me his herbal medicine all i was to do is to send him my personal details and also my home address so he can post the Medicine to me, actually i did all that was required by this Man, i took the medicine just as prescribe by him, he told me to go for check up in the hospital which i did and to my great surprise my Doctor told me the Hiv Virus was no longer there, i even went to other hospital for better confirmation its was still the same thing, Today i am so happy that i am Negative again, Dr Molemen has given me reasons to share tears of Joy, you can reach to Dr Molemen on his email address at ( drmolemenspiritualtemple@gmail.com / dr.molemenspiritualtemple@yahoo.com) or call him on +2347036013351

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Fribroid,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility, ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffrin from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my testimony on how i was cured by Dr Idahosa, i am Juliet Pius i had Hiv Disease for 2years and i tried all means to treat my self but no doctor could help me cure the Hiv permanently i even took some drugs that was prescribe to me by many doctors but none could work i felt it was going to stay permanently since i could not cure my self until one day i was browsing through the internet i saw different testimony with different people on how they were cured from the disease by Dr Idahosa i never wanted to try because i knew anything done with internet were always scam but because of the pain i have i gave it a try and email him and he replied back i told him my problem he prepared a portion and send it to me which he instructed i should take morning and night i did it constantly and suddenly i started having change in me, so my brothers and sisters am glad to say Dr Idahosa has cured me from my Hiv disease he can cure any disease or sickness if you give him a try, you can email him today at; (dridahosasolutioncenter@gmail.com) or whatssap him +2348134261542 he is a nice man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am from USA. I was suffering from HIV and HEPATITIS B for over 3 years, i was hopeless until one of my friend directed me to a herbal man Dr Chike, she said the Dr has herbal medicine/cure that cures the HIV and HEPATITIS B also said the Dr has helped some of her friends with HERPES, CANCER, DIABETES, BV, UTI, HSV,ALS and LIVER disease etc, i never believed her but after a lot of talk, i decided to contact him, just few days ago i contacted him and he told me what to do which i did and he sent to me a herbal medicine via DHL with prescriptions on how i will take it for a period of days. After i finished taking the medicine for 2 weeks he told me to go for a test which i also did and when the result came out i was surprised to see that i am negative. I am proud to tell you that I am the happiest person on earth. Big thanks to Dr Chike herbs/cure.. I pray you find a solution in him. For more information on how to get cured contact him on his active email: drchikeherbalcure@gmail.com or Facebook page @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy

    ReplyDelete